How to save money when hiring pool table movers?
There is no simple moving. Any move usually includes something that makes it difficult. As if it wasn’t difficult enough. If you are forced into hiring pool table movers, you know that your move is going to be a complicated one. Also, that means it’s going to be a bit more expensive. But, bellow you can see how to save money when hiring pool table movers.
Take total control of your budget and learn how to save money when hiring pool table movers
How to save money when hiring pool table movers? Well, the first thing you need to do to is to be very cautious about how you are spending money during the moving process. This is a relatively simple idea that is relatively hard to do. And in order to make this idea work, you need to create a budget as early as possible.
A moving budget is not hard to make. But it’ll still take time and some efforts. The great thing about it is that it will enable you to control your move-related expenses more closely. Make sure your budget includes:
- The moving company expenses, plus all charges for additional moving services NYC,
- Self-moving expenses if you’ve made the decision to move by yourself,
- Vehicle transportation expenses if applicable,
- Immediate post-relocation costs,
- Unexpected expenses as far as you can predict them.
Hire pool table movers
In order to save money when hiring pool table movers, you need to choose the best company. Finding the best pool table movers is not hard when you prepare in advance. Research multiple moving companies to make the best choice. To do that, you should do an extensive online search. Start with quality moving companies near you. Open their web pages and go through the services they offer. Quality pool table movers usually have a great online presence and customer support. You can find numerous details about the company and the contact information.
After that, make sure to check all the official online reviews. The online reviews will help you get more information about the company’s business, professional approach, and services. In case you think that the company is the right fit for you, consider contacting them. Ask about their company’s license and the id number. Every reliable moving company should provide this information even before you decide to hire them. You can use it to check their validity at the official mover’s database – FMCSA.
Get the official moving quote
Moving quotes represent the estimate of your pool table relocations costs. Quality pool table movers will send a representative to your address to do the estimate. After the representative access the situation, he will give the official estimate for moving your pool table. You will choose the pool table moving company that is the most suitable if you ask multiple quality movers for the quote and compare them. With a reliable moving estimate, you will choose the local movers NYC with the best moving service. Also, you’ll know how to plan your relocation budget and save money when hiring pool table movers.
How much does it cost to move a pool table?
When you want to take care of pool table yourself then, you need to know how to disassemble a pool table. But if you decide to hire the movers that will disassemble, pack, transport and re-assemble your pool table, you can expect to pay between $400 and $600. The exact price will be based on a few changeable factors, such as:
- Type – Is it a drop pocket pool table or is it equipped with a ball return system? Does it have leather or plastic pockets?
- Size – Generally speaking, there are 7, 8 and 9-foot slate pool tables. Refer to its manual if you’re not sure as your specialist mover will want to know the table size in order to quote you a price.
- Weight – Depending on the exact size and model, a slate top pool table can weigh between 650 and 1,000 pounds. Their weight is primarily determined by their size and in particular, how many slates they have.
- Distance – The total distance to your new home is a major factor that will determine the overall price of moving your pool table.
- Special circumstances. The exact conditions of your current home and your future one. Is there any stairs, lack of an elevator, tight corners or narrow doorways. Be ready to pay more for any of these special circumstances that will make the process of moving your pool table more difficult.
What can you do to save money when hiring pool table movers?
When it comes to any moving first thing you need to know is how to find reliable movers on budget. Because, in order to save money when hiring pool table movers, you have to learn how to disassemble him. But, don’t worry, pool tables can be taken apart for safe transportation, so you won’t damage it. Just follow these disassembling instructions. But, before doing it make sure you meet the following 3 essential requirements.
- Muscle power – It’s very important that you gather up your reliable friends to help you pull off this project.
- Tools and equipment – You need tools and equipment for the process of taking apart a pool table. You need a staple remover, a set of flathead screwdrivers, a socket wrench, a power drill. Then you need a carpenter’s level, a pair of safety goggles, plastic re-sealable bags, moving blankets, sheets of bubble wrap, packing tape.
- Time – With the help of friends, you’re going to need at least 60 minutes to disassemble and pack your pool table for moving.
If your table came with specific instructions on how to disassemble it for moving, then you should follow them. In case you don’t have it follow these steps:
- Remove the staples under the table – So as to undo 6 side pockets.
- Unscrew the bolts holding the rail.
- Remove the rails and felt – The felt is usually either glued down or stapled to the wood backing of the slate.
- Remove the slate – Unscrew the state, be aware that this can be really heavy.
- And remove table legs – Remove the rail bolts and detach them from the table.